In this episode
Listen to chapter seven, “Medication,” of the newest edition of our Every Victory Counts® manual. Medications for managing your Parkinson’s should always be discussed with your neurologist or movement disorder specialist, but this chapter will give you an in-depth look at the many medication options available to you for various symptoms, as well medication side effects and interactions to be aware of.
- Order your Every Victory Counts manual digitally or in print here.
- Check out the Every Victory Counts companion site, where you'll find more resources on each topic featured in the book.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the chapter you listened to, as well as your top takeaway, to be entered into a drawing to win Davis Phinney Foundation swag and the opportunity to be featured on our blog.
For futher reading
Additional resources from the Every Victory Counts companion page:
- Parkinson’s Medication Management for Motor Symptoms
- Medications for Non-motor Symptoms
- Medication, Protein, and Parkinson’s
- Parkinson’s Medications Awareness and Strategies
- Parkinson’s Medications: What Is Step Therapy?
- When (and How) to Consider a Different Parkinson’s Medication
- What You Need to Know about Formularies
- You Don’t Have to Have OFF Times with Parkinson’s
- What If You Can No Longer Get Your Parkinson’s Medications?
- YOPD Council: Medications, Side Effects, and Parkinson’s
- YOPD Women’s Council: Medications and Treatments
- How to Reduce the Cost of Your Parkinson’s Medications
- A Open Letter to PBMs from People Living with Parkinson’s
- Formularies, Insurance, and Parkinson’s
- Living with Parkinson’s: What Is OFF?
- The Science of Parkinson’s OFF
- How to Communicate What It Means to Be OFF
- OFF: What It Is and How to Manage It
- What Is Parkinson’s Dyskinesia?
- What I’ve Learned from Living with Parkinson’s Dyskinesia
- Do You Feel Isolated When You Are OFF or Dyskinetic?
- When Parkinson’s Dyskinesia Feels Embarrassing
- The What, When, Why, and How of Treating and Managing Parkinson’s Dyskinesia
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Ask a question by emailing us here.
- Share this show on Facebook.
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review Spotify, Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen! Your ratings and reviews really help, and we read each one.
- And don't forget to subscribe!
Listen & Subscribe
For full rules and regulations regarding your opportunity to win Davis Phinney Foundation swag in relation to this episode, click here.