Managing Depression and Anxiety in Parkinson's episode summary
On September 17, 2021, we held The Victory Summit® Virtual Event: Mental Health and Wellness, shining the spotlight on how to manage the symptoms you can’t see in Parkinson’s. During this event, Dr. Gregory Pontone spoke to us about managing depression and anxiety in Parkinson's.
Topics discussed include:
- What are the statistics on how many people are currently dealing with depression?
- Wellness vs. Wellbeing
- What is mental illness?
- What is the impact of mental illness on Parkinson's?
- What are the differences between depression and anxiety?
- Different types of anxiety medicine and how they impact Parkinson's symptoms
- The effect of anxiety on dystonia
- Dealing with compulsive thoughts
- What are some strategies for families dealing with anxietyand depression at home?
- What is apathy?
and more! We hope you enjoy!
Want to see other videos from our Victory Summit on Mental Health? Check it out on our website!
Want to watch the video version of this podcast? You can watch it on our YouTube!
Loving the Parkinson's Podcast? You can listen to more episodes on our website!
Listen & Subscribe
Contact us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org
HAVE YOUR GIFT MATCHED THROUGH THE END OF THE YEAR!
Our End of Year Giving Campaign is underway, and we need your support to continue providing our resources and programs to people who need them. We have more lives to impact and your support will help us do that. Will you join us by donating now? Make your secure donation online or call us at 1-866-358-0285. Learn about the increased tax incentives for charitable giving when you make a gift of stock or a qualified charitable distribution from your IRA here.