In this episode
Listen to chapter nine, “Exercise,” of the newest edition of our Every Victory Counts® manual. This chapter will review the importance of exercise in Parkinson’s, the type and intensity of exercise that might work for you, and how to create and stick to an exercise routine.
- Order your Every Victory Counts manual digitally or in print here.
- Check out the Every Victory Counts companion site, where you’ll find more resources on each topic featured in the book.
- Email email@example.com with the name of the chapter you listened to, as well as your top takeaway, to be entered into a drawing to win Davis Phinney Foundation swag and the opportunity to be featured on our blog.
For futher reading
Additional resources from the Every Victory Counts companion page:
- How Important Is Exercise to People Living with Parkinson’s?
- Move It! Exercise and Physical Activity Are Key to Living Well with Parkinson’s
- 10 Tips for Exercising with Parkinson’s
- Living Well with Parkinson’s through Dance and Movement
- How to Increase Exercise Sustainment While Living with Parkinson’s
- Moments of Victory®- MK Chandler Shows the Importance of Exercise and Attitude
- Keep On Moving with a New Online Parkinson’s Exercise Program
- YOPD Council: Exercise, Community, and Parkinson’s
- Moments of Victory®-Zach Guza Knows the Power of Exercise in Living Well with Parkinson’s
- How a Bicycle Ride Led to Ground-Breaking Parkinson’s Research
- A Timeline of Jay Alberts’ Parkinson’s Research
- Lorraine Wilson Dives for Victory
- How an eBike Can Bring New Life to Your Life
- Ask the Parkinson’s Expert: The Cognitive and Emotional Benefits of Exercise with Davis Phinney
- 2018 Davis Phinney Foundation-funded Research Pushes the Pedals on Living Well with Parkinson’s Today
- Moments of Victory®-Tom Sheppard Slows Parkinson’s Progression with Intense Exercise
- What Role Does Exercise Play in Managing Parkinson’s Symptoms?
- What You Need to Know about Cycling with Parkinson’s
- How Sarcopenia Affects Quality of Life with Parkinson’s
- Ask the Parkinson’s Expert: All about Bikes with Davis Phinney
- Cycling and Parkinson’s: What We Know (and Are Learning) So Far
- Moments of Victory®- Eva Dances with Parkinson’s
- Cycling for Parkinson’s: The Long Climb Back from COVID-19
- How to Exercise to Get Results from Parkinson’s Exercise Programs
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Ask a question by emailing us here.
- Share this show on Facebook.
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review Spotify, Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen! Your ratings and reviews really help, and we read each one.
- And don’t forget to subscribe!
Listen & Subscribe
For full rules and regulations regarding your opportunity to win Davis Phinney Foundation swag in relation to this episode, click here.