Aging in Place with Parkinson's with Carol Chiang summary
In this episode, occupational therapist Carol Chiang discusses aging in place with Parkinson's. She stresses the importance of adding an occupational therapist (OT) to your Parkinson’s care team, common home adaptations that can be made to help you live well with Parkinson’s, and more.
- What is Occupational Therapy?
- Why Can People with Parkinson’s Benefit from OT?
- Carol’s Business, “Evolving Homes” - How Does it Work?
- Practical Tips for Lighting
- The Importance of Contrast in Your House
- Common Bathroom Setup Problems
- Suggested Technology to Help People with Parkinson’s
- Considering Handles and Switches
- Furniture Recommendations
- Surface Considerations
- Recommendations Around Rug
and more! We hope you enjoy!
Listen to the podcast
Want to listen to more of our podcasts? We have a great library with podcasts on all the topics you need to help you navigate your Parkinson's journey.
Contact us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org