In this episode
Listen to chapter eight, “Surgical Therapies,” of the newest edition of our Every Victory Counts® manual. As Parkinson’s symptoms progress, surgical therapies may be considered to help manage symptoms and improve quality of life. This chapter gives an overview of the current surgical therapies available, when an appropriate time may be to receive such therapies, and other important information to consider.
- Order your Every Victory Counts manual digitally or in print here.
- Check out the Every Victory Counts companion site, where you’ll find more resources on each topic featured in the book.
- Email email@example.com with the name of the chapter you listened to, as well as your top takeaway, to be entered into a drawing to win Davis Phinney Foundation swag and the opportunity to be featured on our blog.
For futher reading
Additional resources from the Every Victory Counts companion page:
- Surgical Therapies and Parkinson’s
- Davis Phinney Foundation Presents a Virtual DBS Forum
- The Latest Advancements in Deep Brain Stimulation for Parkinson’s
- Your Questions Answered: The Latest Advancements in DBS
- Life Before and After Deep Brain Stimulation
- Deep Brain Stimulation and Living Well with Parkinson’s
- An Interview with Dr. Helen Brontë-Stewart about Adaptive DBS for Parkinson’s
- When DBS Powers Down: A Personal Account of What Happens When the Device Stops Working
- An Interview with Michelle Fullard on Removing Barriers to DBS for Women
- The Benefits of Duopa™ for People with Parkinson’s
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Ask a question by emailing us here.
- Share this show on Facebook.
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review Spotify, Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen! Your ratings and reviews really help, and we read each one.
- And don’t forget to subscribe!
Listen & Subscribe
Apple Podcasts | Stitcher
For full rules and regulations regarding your opportunity to win Davis Phinney Foundation swag in relation to this episode, click here.