Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Parkinson’s episode summarY
In this week’s episode, Dr. Roseanne Dobkin discusses the important things to know about depression and anxiety, how CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) can help, and more.
Topics discussed include:
- Depression and anxiety in people with Parkinson’s
- How to connect with a mental health professional
- The current landscape of telehealth for mental health
- What a first session with a mental health professional might look like
- The definition of cognitive behavioral therapy and when it might be a fit
- Managing anxiety specifically about Parkinson’s progression
- Parkinson’s symptoms that can be helped with CBT
- How to find a professional who is trained in CBT
- The amount of time for CBT to be effective
- Description of a typical CBT session
- The role of care partners in managing mental health symptoms
You can watch a video version of this podcast here.
You can read show notes and read additional resources here.
Contact us anytime at email@example.com