Helen Power, a member of the Davis Phinney Foundation Leadership Circle, an Ambassador, and a Team DPF fundraiser, was diagnosed with Parkinson’s in 2017. When she discovered the Foundation, she was drawn in by our mission to help people with Parkinson’s live well today. “Suddenly, I had a road to take me forward in the now, a place where I could just have Parkinson’s. I didn’t need to explain myself. They just got me from minute one.”
Helen says that she and her husband, Dean, support the Foundation because it has given her so much, and it brings them joy to support its mission and pay it forward.
“The Davis Phinney Foundation means everything to me. It’s the place where I can just be me, and the place I am always accepted just exactly as I am on any given day.”
Launched in 2019, our Leadership Circle is comprised of donors who give $1,000 throughout the calendar year. For their generous support, members receive special benefits throughout the year, including:
- A dedicated Davis Phinney Foundation representative responsible for making your relationship with the Foundation even more meaningful
- Unique opportunities to join us at events and experience the work your financial support makes possible
- A printed copy of the Davis Phinney Foundation Annual Report
- Exclusive invitations to attend insider-only presentations and events
- Invitations to gatherings, meetings with members of our boards, and regional meetups
- Opportunities to share your feedback on Foundation initiatives
- …and more!
Thank you, Helen, for being a model of living well for all those affected by Parkinson’s!
Would you like to find out how you can support our mission?
We are grateful to everyone who supports the Foundation in any and all ways. Because of your gifts, volunteerism, shared stories, and more, we can make an ever-growing impact on the Parkinson’s community. If you’re interested in learning about giving to the Foundation or joining Helen in the Leadership Circle, please call or email our Leadership Circle representative, Edna Togba, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-866-358-0285.