In this episode
Listen to chapter 10, “Complementary Therapies,” of the newest edition of our Every Victory Counts® manual. Living well with Parkinson’s requires a multi-dimensional approach, and while conventional medicine for the symptoms of Parkinson’s has come a long way, there are now more options than ever to live well with Parkinson’s. In this chapter, learn about many of the complementary therapies available and how they can help you live well with Parkinson’s.
- Order your Every Victory Counts manual digitally or in print here.
- Check out the Every Victory Counts companion site, where you’ll find more resources on each topic featured in the book.
- Email email@example.com with the name of the chapter you listened to, as well as your top takeaway, to be entered into a drawing to win Davis Phinney Foundation swag and the opportunity to be featured on our blog.
For futher reading
Additional resources from the Every Victory Counts companion page:
- Physical Therapy and Parkinson’s Panel
- Occupational Therapy for Parkinson’s
- Parkinson’s Speech Therapy: Chat with Confidence
- The Value of a Team of Complementary Therapists when You Want to Live Well with Parkinson’s
- Speech, Voice, and Parkinson’s Q&A
- Ask the Parkinson’s Expert: Physical Therapy with Dr. Sarah King
- An Occupational Therapist’s Simple Strategies for Living Well with Parkinson’s
- Parkinson’s Physical Therapy: A Panel of Experts Weighs in on Why You Need It
- 5 Ways to Get a Jumpstart on Physical Therapy (Even If You Don’t Have Access to a Parkinson’s Physical Therapist)
- 6 Surprising Things a Parkinson’s Physical Therapist Can Help You Improve
- How to Find a Parkinson’s Physical Therapist Near You
- Parkinson’s Yoga Therapy for the Newly Diagnosed
- Dance for Parkinson’s: More Than Just Exercise
- Exercising Your Body and Mind: Tai Chi for Parkinson’s
- How Music Therapy Can Help You Live Well with Parkinson’s
- Art Therapy for People Living with Parkinson’s
- Using Poetry to Live Well with Parkinson’s
- How Laughter Yoga Can Help You Live Well with Parkinson’s
- How the Arts Can Help You Live Well with Parkinson’s
- Cannabis and Parkinson’s: What to Know about Medical Marijuana, CBD, and More
- 2016 Tai Chi Study Funded by the Davis Phinney Foundation Continues to Help People Live Well with Parkinson’s
- Using Music to Heal and Live Well with Parkinson’s
- Regaining Rhythm While Living with Parkinson’s
- Moments of Victory® – “Art in Motion” Helps a Dallas Community Live Well with Parkinson’s
- The Equine Gestalt Coaching Method® for People with Parkinson’s
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Ask a question by emailing us here.
- Share this show on Facebook.
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review Spotify, Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen! Your ratings and reviews really help, and we read each one.
- And don’t forget to subscribe!
Listen & Subscribe
For full rules and regulations regarding your opportunity to win Davis Phinney Foundation swag in relation to this episode, click here.