In this episode
Listen to chapter six, “Non-Motor Symptoms (Autonomic),” of the newest edition of our Every Victory Counts® manual. This chapter looks at the symptoms of Parkinson’s that relate to autonomic systems of the body, as well as strategies to manage them. These symptoms include things like drooling, constipation, pain, sweating, and fatigue, along with others. Remember that symptoms show up differently for every person with Parkinson’s, and the symptoms that will be discussed may or may not be present for you.
- Order your Every Victory Counts manual digitally or in print here.
- Check out the Every Victory Counts companion site, where you’ll find more resources on each topic featured in the book.
- Email email@example.com with the name of the chapter you listened to, as well as your top takeaway, to be entered into a drawing to win Davis Phinney Foundation swag and the opportunity to be featured on our blog.
- Learn more and register for the Victory Summit Virtual Event: The Parkinson’s You Don’t See, When Your Autonomic System Goes Off-Track
For futher reading
Additional resources from the Every Victory Counts companion page:
- The Science of Parkinson’s Constipation
- Tips for Alleviating Bowel and Urinary Dysfunction in Parkinson’s
- Why Is It So Hard to Sleep Now that I Have Parkinson’s?
- Sleepiness and Fatigue in Parkinson’s and What to Do about Them
- Sleep, Parkinson’s, and Living Well Today
- Ask the Parkinson’s Expert: Sleep Strategies with Davis Phinney
- Living Well with REM Sleep Behavior Disorder
- Fatigue in Parkinson’s and How to Treat It
- Living Well with Chronic Pain and Illness
- What Is Aspiration?
- How my Daughter Helped Me Identify my nOH Symptoms
- Exercising Safely with Parkinson’s nOH
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Ask a question by emailing us here.
- Share this show on Facebook.
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review Spotify, Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen! Your ratings and reviews really help, and we read each one.
- And don’t forget to subscribe!
Listen & Subscribe
For full rules and regulations regarding your opportunity to win Davis Phinney Foundation swag in relation to this episode, click here.