Lianna Marie, who served as her mother’s caregiver and advocate for more than 20 years through the many stages of Parkinson’s, is the founder of AllAboutParkinsons.com, an online community that has connected and helped thousands of people with Parkinson’s, their families, and their caregivers.
She is the author of Everything You Need to Know About Parkinson’s Disease and Everything You Need to Know About Caregiving for Parkinson’s Disease. Both books share the goal of educating and helping everyday people with no specialized training, providing comprehensive information, practical tips, and guidance about how to deal with the emotional ups and downs of Parkinson’s.
Lianna recently sat down with us to talk about her experiences as a care partner, building a care team, finding in-home and long-term care for her mother, and more.
You can watch the video below.
Resources and topics mentioned
- Dystonia and Parkinson’s
- How Music Therapy Can Help You Live Well with Parkinson’s
- Parkinson’s Care Partners: 9 Ways to Get the Help You Need
- Parkinson’s Homecare: What You Need to Know
- Dementia and Parkinson’s
- Building a Parkinson’s Care Team (and the different providers who can help with certain symptoms)
- Home and Community Health Care in Canada
- Care Planning for a Parent Living with Parkinson’s
- Davis Phinney Foundation Ambassadors
- The Differences in Assisted Living, Independent Living, Nursing Homes, Continuing Care Retirement Communities, Long-term Care Facilities, and More
- Advance Directives and Parkinson’s
- Anxiety and Depression in Parkinson’s
- Mental Wellness for Parkinson’s Care Partners
- The Science of Happiness with Dr. Laurie Santos and Davis and Connie Carpenter Phinney
- Living Well with Parkinson’s through Dance and Movement
More Parkinson’s care partner Resources
Are there care partner topics you’d like to learn more about?
Let us know in the comments or at firstname.lastname@example.org what you as a Parkinson’s care partner would like to learn more about, what suggestions or advice you have for care partners, or what resources you need to live well as a Parkinson’s care partner.