In this episode
Listen to chapter 13, “Social Connections, Relationships, and Community,” of the newest edition of our Every Victory Counts® manual. In this chapter you will discover how social connections, relationships, and community can be just as important as the medications you take, as well as how to nurture those relationships while managing the complexities of Parkinson’s.
- Order your Every Victory Counts manual digitally or in print here.
- Check out the Every Victory Counts companion site, where you’ll find more resources on each topic featured in the book.
- Email email@example.com with the name of the chapter you listened to, as well as your top takeaway, to be entered into a drawing to win Davis Phinney Foundation swag and the opportunity to be featured on our blog.
For futher reading
Additional resources from the Every Victory Counts companion page:
- Tips for More Expressive Communication for People with Parkinson’s
- Ask the Parkinson’s Expert: Maintaining Relationships with Davis Phinney
- You Can’t Exercise Your Way out of Poor Social Connections
- A Trike for the Parkinson’s Community of Denver
- Moments of Victory® – Jennifer Parkinson Discovers the Power of Community
- How to Reduce Social Isolation While Living with Parkinson’s
- Sexuality and Intimacy for People with Parkinson’s and their Care Partners
- You’ve Got a Friend in Me: Tales from Two Davis Phinney Foundation Ambassadors
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Ask a question by emailing us here.
- Share this show on Facebook.
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review Spotify, Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen! Your ratings and reviews really help, and we read each one.
- And don’t forget to subscribe!
Listen & Subscribe
For full rules and regulations regarding your opportunity to win Davis Phinney Foundation swag in relation to this episode, click here.