Urinary Dysfunction and Parkinson's episode summary
In this episode, Dr. Arun Mathur, a urologist with specialized knowledge of Parkinson's, explains the symptoms, causes, and treatments of urinary dysfunction in people with Parkinson's.
Topics we discuss include:
- What is urinary dysfunction (UD)?
- UD can be a precursor to a Parkinson's diagnosis
- How does urinary dysfunction affect a person with Parkinson's quality of life?
- When should you seek treatment?
- UD is more prevalent in later-onset Parkinson’s
- Non-pharmacological and surgical treatments
- Does DBS increase symptoms of UD?
- Carbidopa/Levodopa’s effect on UD
- Pharmacological treatments
- Prostate symptoms versus Parkinson’s symptoms
- When will non-pharmacological treatments show results?
and more! We hope you enjoy!
Want to watch the video recording of this audio? Watch here!
To view the show notes and related resources for this webinar, visit our website!
Listen to the podcast
Listen & Subscribe
If you enjoy this podcast, please help us by leaving a comment, giving us four stars, and subscribing! We love hearing from our community, and your comments and reviews will help us improve the show and reach even more people with Parkinson's.
Contact us anytime at email@example.com