In this episode, panelists Soania Mathur, Wayne Gilbert, Robynn Moraites, and Sarah Zenner discuss:
- The fact that there’s no such thing as getting “away” from Parkinson’s
- Finding the balance between focusing on your Parkinson’s to live well but not letting it define you
- Parkinson’s as a “simmering pot”
- Being intentional about how you choose to speak about your Parkinson’s
- Emotionally accepting your diagnosis
- The importance of creating relationships with other people with Parkinson’s
- The impact of connection on your health
- Living your best life now
- Getting engaged in your hobbies
- Using a mindful approach to managing your Parkinson’s symptoms
- Coping strategies when Parkinson’s is overwhelming
- Focusing on the most meaningful things in your life
To watch the video recording for this episode, click here.
To download the transcript, click here.
- When Things Fall Apart by Pema Chödrön
more from the davis Phinney foundation
- To see all the recordings from this Victory Summit Event: Our Voices, Our Stories, click here.
Additional Offerings from the Davis Phinney Foundation
Contact us anytime at email@example.com