Are you a person with Parkinson’s who believes that part of living well means offering guidance and help to others on a similar path?
Are you a care partner to someone with Parkinson’s who believes your experience could serve others in a meaningful way?
Then becoming a Davis Phinney Foundation Ambassador may be a great fit for you.
Davis Phinney Foundation Ambassadors are people with Parkinson’s or care partners who are passionate about helping others live well with Parkinson’s by sharing the philosophy and resources of the Foundation with their local communities.
And just as Parkinson’s shows up differently for every person, all of our Ambassadors bring their own special sauce to this role. Our Ambassadors have diverse backgrounds and experiences, different areas of interest and different ways of spreading information about living well.
Our Ambassadors show up in their communities by:
- Hosting workshops
- Starting and facilitating support groups
- Providing health and wellness resources to people with Parkinson’s and care partners
- Connecting with Parkinson’s specialists in their communities to learn about current research and initiatives related to Parkinson’s
- Advocating for Parkinson’s care locally and nationally
- Teaching dance and boxing classes
- Organizing walks and rides for Parkinson’s
- Meeting the newly diagnosed for coffee
- Sharing holistic approaches to living well with Parkinson’s
- Connecting with their local universities to host events
- Being powerful examples of living well
No matter how different their contributions are, at the heart of everything they do is a desire to help others live well with Parkinson’s.
And it’s working. We consistently receive glowing feedback from individuals our Ambassadors have helped and that gratitude has inspired many others to want to get involved, which is why we’ve decided to open up the opportunity to even more people. By the end of this year, our goal is to invite 20 more Ambassadors from all over the country and Canada to join our team.
Being a Davis Phinney Foundation Ambassador may be the right fit for you if you…
- Have been to Davis Phinney Foundation events, are familiar with the tools and resources we provide our community and understand and believe in the mission of helping people live well with Parkinson’s today
- Believe you are a walking example of living well and it’s a priority in your life
- Have leadership experience in local or national organizations or in your Parkinson’s community and get excited by the idea of initiating and cultivating relationships with many more individuals, families, groups and organizations
- Have an average of at least 12 hours each month (or the equivalent throughout the year) to serve as a Davis Phinney Foundation Ambassador on a volunteer basis
- Are able to participate in monthly Ambassador calls, monthly check-ins with your Ambassador coach and two individual meetings with the Davis Phinney Foundation Community Outreach Manager
- Can commit to being an Ambassador for a minimum of one year
If you think you’d make a great Ambassador, and you love the idea of taking a leadership role in your Parkinson’s community, consider applying today.
Not ready to become an Ambassador, but you’d love to connect with one in your local/regional area? You can do that here.
To receive news and updates sign up now.