The Victory Summit® Virtual EVENT- YOPD
On June 26, 2021, we held The Victory Summit® Virtual Event: YOPD, shining the spotlight on people living with young onset Parkinson’s disease (YOPD). All of the speakers offered knowledge, wisdom, and above all, the message that your life is not over because you have Parkinson’s; it is just the start of something new.
In case you missed the event, you can watch all the recordings of the presentations below.
ACCESS RECORDINGS AND RESOURCES
Click on the topics below to access videos from the day and additional resources. Looking for more information on a subject that was discussed? Try searching our site using the search bar below.
Additional resources from “Welcome and Inspiration”:
Additional Resources for “Hindsight is 20/20: Thoughts from an Old, Young Onset”:
Additional Resources For “YOPD: Biology, Treatments, and Living Well Today”:
Additional Resources for “Meaning, Mindset, and Purpose”:
- “What Are People For?” A poem by Wendell Berry
- A Letter to my Newly Diagnosed Self, by Allan Cole
- PD Wise: Sharing Stories and Wisdom
- “Making Modern Toughness,” by David Books, New York Times
Additional Resources for “Reinvention of Self”:
- “He Sang for His Captors at Auschwitz. 75 Years Later, He Sang There Again,” by Keren Blankfeld, New York Times
- Janet Reno Offers Her Personal Perspective on Parkinson’s
- How to Help Children Understand Parkinson’s
- How to Turn Your Book about Parkinson’s into a Audiobook (or, How I’m Growing Into Parkinson’s), by Carol Clupny
Additional Resources for “How to Live Well with YOPD”:
Amy Montemarano- Moderator and Speaker: Reinvention of Self
- Amy Montemarano Ambassador Page
- Spotlight on YOPD Council Member Amy Montemarano
- Parkinson’s: From Diagnosis to Acceptance
Davis Phinney – founder and Speaker: “every victory Counts®”
- Meet Davis
- Davis Phinney: Moments of Victory®
- Davis Phinney: Every Victory Counts®
- Ask The Parkinson’s Expert: Davis Phinney
Rodolfo Savica – speaker: “yopd: Biology, treatments, and living well today”
- Rodolfo Savica: Mayo Clinical Profile
- [Webinar Recording] YOPD Council: Dementia and YOPD with Rodolfo Savica
- Upcoming Webinar: Dementia and Later-Onset Parkinson’s with Rodolfo Savica
allan cole – speaker: “meaning, mindset, and purpose”
- PD Wise
- Allan Cole on Advocacy, Education, and Living Well with Parkinson’s
- Exercise and Parkinson’s with Allan Cole, Judith Wilson, and Anson Rosenfeldt
Luke Waaler – speaker: “reinvention of self”
amy carlson – speaker: “how to live well with yopd”
- Amy Carlson Ambassador Page
- Moments of Victory® – Amy Carlson Squeezes all the Good out of Parkinson’s
- Eremite Performed by Amy Carlson
Connie Carpenter Phinney – speaker: “Closing”
ready to learn more about yopd?
Register for our monthly YOPD Council series here, where individuals with YOPD and expert guest panelists discuss a wide range of topics to help you live well with YOPD. By registering, you will not only receive the information needed to join the council live, but you will also be the first to be notified as soon as new YOPD Council recordings and information are posted. To check out past YOPD Council conversations, click here.
The Council meets on the third Thursday of every month from 1 – 2 pm MDT. Have an idea that you would like the YOPD Council to discuss? Fill out this form to let us know what topics you’d like the YOPD Council to cover in the future.