Webinar Recording: Parkinson’s for Primary Care Doctors and Allied Health Professionals
With Dr. Ray Dorsey
This webinar was recorded live on July 7, 2020.
In this webinar, movement disorder specialist Dr. Ray Dorsey addressed:
- The stages of Parkinson’s and how to recognize the signs of progression
- Prodromal symptoms of Parkinson’s
- Common symptoms that are often misdiagnosed as Parkinson’s
- How to “interview” patients effectively
- Some of the key differences between how men and women experience Parkinson’s
- The importance of exercise (how intense, how much, how often)
- Challenges with medication and medication side effect management in Parkinson’s
- When to make a referral and to what type of specialist
Your Instructor for the Webinar
Dr. Ray Dorsey is a Professor of Neurology and Director of the Center for Health + Technology at the University of Rochester Medical Center. Dr. Dorsey investigates new treatments for movement disorders and seeks to improve the way care is delivered for those with Parkinson’s and other neurological disorders. Using web-based video conferencing, he and his colleagues aim to provide care to individuals near and far. Dr. Dorsey completed his undergraduate studies at Stanford University, medical school at the University of Pennsylvania, and business school at the Wharton School.