Community Grants Program
The Healthy Parkinson’s Communities™ grants program aims to help us more fully realize our mission to help people with Parkinson’s live well today by funding programs and initiatives that are unique to the places and people they are designed to support, eliminating barriers, and expanding the possibility for people of all kinds to live well with Parkinson’s.
The program is available to fund both grassroots and established initiatives that address one or more of the following priorities:
- Health disparities and inequities that affect people living with Parkinson’s
- Creation of or increased access to resources that embrace a holistic approach to living well with Parkinson’s
- Health literacy and awareness of Parkinson’s
- Cross-sector collaboration within the local community to help people live well with Parkinson’s
For our 2021 pilot year, applications for grants will be by invitation only and are available only to applicants within the United States. Applications may be accepted from any organization, individual, or group with a project or initiative that aligns with our mission and addresses the priorities listed above. 501(c)(3) status is not required to receive funding.
Those invited to apply will complete our Healthy Parkinson’s Communities grant application to share information about the scope of their project and their financial request.
Applications will be reviewed, determined, and announced on the timeline below:
- January-February 2021 – Initial conversations with individuals identified for invitation.
- March-April 2021 – Invitation-only application open
- May-June 2021 – Applications under review
- July 2021 – Applicants notified of funding decision
If you are interested in learning more about this program, please contact our Community Grants Manager Kayla Ferguson by completing the form below.